Career Opportunities at Cape Town Theatre and Bar
We’re looking for people to fill the following positions:
MARKETING JUNIOR – Full Time
BAR MANAGER – Full Time
WAITERS Part Time/Full Time
BARTENDERS Part Time/Full Time
MAINTENANCE – Full Time
INTERN/WORKS EXPERIENCE Part Time/Full Time
VOLUNTEERS – By arrangement!
The Alexander is a beloved venue in Cape Town’s CBD, featuring a downstairs bar and an intimate upstairs theatre. The new owners are going to be developing and revamping the Alexander over the coming months and need to grow the team! We are looking for enthusiastic ape-descendants to bring their skills and energy to the team and mission: to become the greatest small theatre venue in the world!
For more info’ on each of these vacancies and to apply click here.
The Alexander is looking for a recent graduate. Candidates will be considered who are creative, organised and self-motivated team-players.
Job Role includes assisting with:
• Creating, curating, scheduling and managing online and in-house marketing materials;
• Planning short and long term marketing strategies;
• Integrating material into templates and campaigns;
• Coordinate with show producers to create high quality, consistent content;
• Overseeing brand image and character as presented to the public;
• Liaising with press and collating reviews, articles and customer feedback
• Organizing marketing events.
An active and passionate interest in social media trends and technology is a must, as well as good communication skills and a high standard of spoken and written English.
Applicants should have good problem-solving skills and those with visual media (design and photography) experience, or demonstrable ability, will be prioritised.
This is a demanding job that requires flexibility, adaptability and a great deal of initiative, as well as the willingness to work some evenings and get hands-on with all aspects of the theatre.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and given a task to complete ahead of an interview.
• overseeing daily operations
• Ensuring employee productivity
• Monitoring efficiency of all processes
• Creating a positive work environment for employees
BARTENDERS & WAITERS
• Experienced wait and bar staff
• Maintain and manage service space
• Assist in maintaining and manage supplies
• Work together with staff to create a great customer experience
A maintenance man with good ability in carpentry to assist with repairs, maintenance and the upkeep of a busy working Bar and Theatre. Basic ability at plumbing, electrical work, renovation, painting and decorating and good spoken English necessary.
INTERNSHIPS & WORK EXPERIENCE
Learn practical skills such as Stage-management
Learn theatre and hospitality skills with hands-on experience
The Alexander depends upon the community’s support to keep us running. We have a wonderful, vibrant company comprising of individuals who perform, help out backstage, in the snack bar, front-of-house, tech, lighting, sound, scenography etc. We are always happy to welcome anyone wanting to be a part of what we do by offering their time and or skills.
Contact Jon at Alexander Playhouse by Friday the 16th of August.
Please send us your CV and a very brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject line.